- Book fair participants receive discounted booth rates at MWABA book fairs
- Members are affiliated with a professional booksellers’ organization operating for more than 35 years
- Non-book fair participants receive free admission to the MWABA Chicago Book & Paper Fair and the Twin Cities Book Fair
- Members’ name and business information are listed on the MWABA website and in the member directory distributed at book fairs
- Members enjoy enhanced opportunities to network with fellow booksellers and receive information and updates regarding various book matters, events and people.
- Occasional member social events
Membership is open to rare and antiquarian booksellers, as well as anyone involved in other related trades, including autographs, ephemera, manuscripts, maps, photographs, prints and other paper collectibles. Bookbinders and other rare book trade members are encouraged to apply, too. You will need to provide three letters of reference from current MWABA members.
We are revising the Online Form to apply for membership. The application is available via download. Please download, complete, and send the application to:
1757 N. Kimball Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Email the Membership Chair
Membership Acceptance Process
Upon receipt of a completed application, the Membership Chair notifies the general membership of the new prospective member. The general membership then has 30 days to comment on the application. At the end of this period, all comments and recommendations will be shared with the Board of Directors who will be asked to vote on the application. The Membership Chair will notify the applicant of the results. Accepted applicants will be contacted by the MWABA Coordinator regarding the details of where to send the initiation fee of $50 and the annual dues of $60 per year, which are due upon acceptance. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Membership Chair directly at any time in the process.