- Book fair participants receive discounted booth rates at MWABA book fairs
- Members are affiliated with a professional booksellers’ organization operating for more than 35 years
- Non-book fair participants receive free admission to the MWABA Chicago Book & Paper Fair
- Members’ name and business information are listed on the MWABA website and in the member directory distributed at book fairs
- Members enjoy enhanced opportunities to network with fellow booksellers and receive information and updates regarding various book matters, events and people.
- Occasional member social events
Submitting your membership application
Information provided about your business on the application form should be written as you would want it to appear in the MWABA Membership Directory. If you would prefer to submit your application offline, you can download a paper form here and send it by email or U.S. mail to:
1757 N. Kimball Ave.
Chicago, IL 60647
Email the Membership Chair
Upon receipt of a completed application, the Membership Chair notifies the general membership of the new prospective member. The general membership then has 30 days to comment on the application. At the end of this period, all comments and recommendations will be shared with the Board of Directors who will be asked to vote on the application. The Membership Chair will notify the applicant of the results. Accepted applicants will be contacted by the MWABA Coordinator regarding the details of where to send the initiation fee of $50 and the annual dues of $60 per year, which are due upon acceptance. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Membership Chair directly at any time in the process.